Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It all started with a rug!

Lately we've been talking about how frustrating it is that we don't have a kitchen table, then to top it off.. I broke the TV stand!! It was this stupid wrinkle in the rug in the middle of the living room floor. First I said it was one couch causing it.. Jack lifted, I pulled the rug, but the wrinkle got bigger. Maybe I have OCD or something, because I eventually made him move everything in our living room. When he walked to the other room, I sat thinking that if I moved the TV stand just a few inches that maybe that stupid wrinkle would just work itself out. So I did. I moved the TV stand and out pops a wheel! I tried to fix that, but it looked a little lop-sided! Jack just laughed when he saw what I'd done!

For Jack's birthday we went to Idaho Falls (not as big as Columbia, but it does have a mall) for a movie and out to eat with his parents. We decided to kill some time at DI (Deseret Industries, the mother of all thrift stores) where we found a beautiful, wooden, STURDY entertainment center! It probably cost hundreds of dollars to it's previous owner. Then we went to Fred Meyer and found the most beautiful table (the 5-piece below, we still have to
put together 2 of the chairs), well within our price range! And it's tall enough for Jack! Jack's birthday was wonderful and our house feels even more like a home!! We needed something to reward how hard we're both working and after rearranging all of our furniture again last night with the new addition, it's needless to say that this oughta last a while! I have class early, so I better get some rest, but I love you all and hope you're having a wonderful week!


PS - I know it looks like the 70's exploded on my kitchen floor, don't laugh! Okay, laugh, I laugh all the time. But I love our first house!!

6 comments:

ginger said...

i just had to laugh...and not at your kitchen floor :) that seems just how luck goes sometimes...believe me :) i LOVE your kitchen table. we finally just got a kitchen table as well. our first one since we've been married...5 years. and i love being able to sit down and finally have family dinner together, instead of shaun and i sitting on the couch eating while the boys eat at the bar. anyways...i love that picture of the temple. i can't wait for you and jack to be a family forever either. just tell me when and i'll try really hard to come out there. love you and miss you lots erika!!

ginger said...

oh...and i forgot to tell jack i hope he had a wonderful birthday!!

Valencia said...

Hate to break it to you, Erika, but you get the clutsy and OCD thing honest--sorry...it's the not-so-great things you get from your mom! Ha! Hey, I LOVE your table!!! It looks good and fits great there! Your grandmother will be thrilled when I show her the picture on your blog-she so wanted to find ya'll one when we were there. I hope class went well for you today and I hope you finally got warm yesterday. (Broke my heart to think about you being so cold so I didn't wear my fuzzy socks to bed!) I love you and miss you - we are still thinking of coming in April for General Conference. I'll keep you posted and I'll know next week which EFY Addi's going to attend. The one in Provo is bigger but I want her to visit the campus and spend time at BYU-Idaho ... we'll see. Love you and I'll talk to you tonight. Great table!!!

Connie said...

I so remember my first house and what really makes it a home is the love between two people. The rest is gravy! I still laugh at some of my early decorating attempts especially when trying to camoflauge floors, walls etc.!
Enjoy your new table may you have many happy meals together.

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job! Laughing is part of it! I love the table and the FLOOR!

Christy Peake said...

Your table is beautiful. Ya'll just stick together and keep laughing and you can't go wrong!