Friday, December 2, 2011

Catch-Up on October!

Leighton hanging out with Mom before Preschool - October 2011
The surgery kind of put life and blogging on hold and we are all so glad it is over, as well as Jack being away for the week and life is getting back to our normal routine!

October came and went and I still have so much to catch up on (like the whole month of November..ha) but here is October, all the same!

We were able to travel down to South Carolina for my Grandaddy's surprise 75th birthday party! It was so much fun! Leighton got to play with all her cousins and she and Hunter had fun feeding Grandaddy all the yummy food! These two kiddos sure got into the potato chips, every time I came back over Leighton asked me for another "sour chip!"(salt and vinegar) My cousin Ginger and I had to sneak a prego picture and she spent most of the party resting...then only a few days later Ellie Pearl arrived at 36 weeks. Ellie wanted to party too!
Then back in Tennessee, my friend AnneMarie's dad plays at Atlanta Bread each week and the girls got to play and have dinner together. It was really fun, I want to take Jack back to hear the "One Man Band" sometime!
Then on October 21st, one of my best Tennessee galpals Audrey's second daughter was born. She was so sweet to let Leighton and I come visit her. Charlotte Marie Shawver is so beautiful, we just love her already! It's crazy that Audrey had been pregnant the whole time I'd known her... and now you can't tell that she had a baby a month ago! Go girl!
We also had the opportunity to go to Leighton's cousin Cole's birthday at Monkey Joe's in Columbia, SC. It was a blast! I wish I could've gotten more pictures of the birthday boy...but it was so cute when he got our other cousin Will to sit in the birthday chair with him. I love how close they are! Will's big sister Maddie was so sweet to take Leighton on all the big slides! She was such a good sport! We also got to meet Cole's new little brother Cooper. Our family is growing so much this year! My cousin Audrey is due in December and then we're due in March. I'm so glad they will all be so close in age! Thanks for inviting us to your party Cole! We love being close enough that we can drive down for family parties!
Here is a picture from my 25th birthday. Jack had to work on the actual day, but Leighton and I got all matchy-matchy for church. We wore sparkle shoes and blue and white and had a really great Sunday watching the Primary program together. I love having my sweet little Leighton, we have so much fun together! Then Jack more than made it up to me with awesome gifts and dinners and movies... I got pretty spoiled!
And finally Halloween -- which was so much fun, despite how crazy we look in the pictures! There are funny stories behind these...but they were funnier if you were there... so just take my word for it! We also got to take Leighton to trunk-or-treat and to the hospital for Jack's co-workers to see her costume. I love Halloween, it's a good time!



1 comment:

Heather said...

Leighton is so dang cute! I love seeing all your pictures of what y'all have been up to. That is SO fun you're close enough to hit up home for some family time.