Monday, December 5, 2011

Catch-Up on November!

Happy Thanksgiving 2011!

November passed so quickly, I just wanted to summarize some of the fun stuff we did after Leighton's surgery.

Jack got to visit Idaho and although he had a lot of clinicals(and didn't take pictures!), he did get to see his family after 6 months out East. Leighton and I were sad to miss it, but we're glad Jack was able to see his brothers and sister and their families! We're hoping to make a visit this summer after baby boy arrives and gets settled in. We sure miss them, especially around the holidays!

Leighton and I were able to go visit SC for her cousin Hunter's birthday party! Hunter and Leighton are about 6 months apart and are so cute together lately, as they're both talking so much more. Hunter loves Thomas the Train, so here is a picture of him(left) playing with some of his cool birthday toys with our other cousin Andrew.
We also got to go back for Thanksgiving and I didn't snap enough pictures, but I love this one of Ethan and his fiancee and my long-time friend, Rachel. They are so sweet to each other, I love that we get to see them so much since we moved here.
Another fun past-time of November is Leighton's obsession with Papa's music room. Leighton has inherited Jack and my love of music and Papa Joey lets Leighton sing all day when we visit. She has such a blast...and then passes out with Jammin' (her nickname for my Mom).
Leighton also loves playing football with her cousins! My mom is such a good sport and teaches the kids fun games and Leighton loves hanging out with the boys (who are also good sports when she doesn't understand all the rules yet).
Jack also started his new job in November and is really enjoying it (and is excited to buy some new scrubs that aren't "galaxy blue" --the required color at Johnson City Medical. Ha!). We are so proud of him for getting the ICU job and working hard towards his goals!

No comments: