Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Leighton Valencia Maxfield


Leighton was born on May 12, 2009 at 11:40Pm. She weighs 7 pounds 3 ounces and she is 19 1/2 inches long. We are so excited to finally have her here! May 12th is a very special day to us. It's the day Jack proposed to me 2 years ago and we are so happy that it is our little angel's birthday! We already love her so much, I didn't know it was possible to love someone so much! She is such a beautiful baby and we are so grateful that Heavenly Father sent her to us! We must have done something right :) Right now, she is still in the Newborn ICU. She had the hiccups throughout the delivery and has some fluid in her lungs. They are going to keep her for a few days to stabilize her oxygen levels, but she seems to be doing well. She's our little trooper already! And I have to say: Jack was my incredible husband, as usual, yesterday! He massaged my feet, stayed with me the entire day, held my hand through every contraction, waited on me hand and foot, held my leg up during labor(only my left side really took the epidural and I couldn't lift my left leg at all!), he counted through all my contractions, and he even cut the chord!! Sorry ladies, I snagged the best man out there! He's such an amazing husband and I know he's going to be a great father too!!
Well, we just wanted to post a few pictures so everyone back home can see her!
We love our little Leighton, we're so glad she made it here safely!!

He's going to be such a great daddy!
Jack, Leighton, and Me
First Family Photo :)

On another note, we are so happy that we had Leighton before Ethan had to go home today! I've had so much fun celebrating his 21st birthday with him and hanging out the past week! It was so special for to me that he was able to hold Leighton before he left. She is so lucky to have such great aunts and uncles! We miss you already, Eeskie! I hope you enjoyed your birthday week and we're so thankful for you! Love you so much, buddy!!

11 comments:

Mrs. Dexter said...

Oh... I cried through the entire post. It's so sweet.
I'm so glad she's FINALLY here! I can't wait to see her in person and tell her how much I just LOVE her to pieces.
Wish I was there. Love you lots!

ginger said...

oh...my...good...grief!!! she is absolutely adorable!!! she is blessed to have wonderful parents -you and jack are going to be awesome parents! can't wait to see her in person either! i love you erika and jack and leighton!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

The Chambers said...

OK i cried before I even started reading the post, I knew what it was about as soon as I read the subject. CONGRATULATIONS!! she is stunning and I am so happy for you guys. She is finally here! You guys are doing everything right and are so special to me. Jack is an incredible husband and will be the greatest father. Good luck to you guys and I can't wait to see more pictures!

Jenny said...

She looks so sweet!! I am so happy for you guys.. I cant wait to see her when I am home(July 17-25)... We love you guys!!

Dan and Jen said...

I love you kids. We'll see you next week. If you need anything at all let me know. Make sure Leighton know AUNT JENNIVE IS THE FAVORITE AUNT!!!! ;)

Unknown said...

Tell Jennive that she may be the closest aunt, but she will most definitely not be the FAVORITE when she meets AUNT ADDI! I'm so stoked, Erika! I love her to itty bitty pieces! Distance won't hold me back for too long!

I love you and Jack too!

-Aunt Addi

PS- Just playing Jennive. We can be equal-ish.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Erika and Jack! I am so happy for you guys. She is absolutely adorable. Such a beautiful little girl. I know you both are going to be fantastic parents. :)

Katrina Wright said...

She is beautiful! She already is wearing a bow! love it!

Christy Peake said...

Beautiful baby girl!!! Congrats you you!!!

Connie said...

Awesome photos! Congratulations