Saturday, May 2, 2009

Good News All Around!

Hey y'all! I've been trying to squeeze in my last few weeks of work before Leighton arrives, so I haven't had much time to update! Jack is doing really well in school this semester and studying hard. The nursing program is very competitive, so he literally studies most of the time he's not at school or working (whenever that could possibly be! Haha!).

Yesterday we went in for a weekly checkup at my doctor to see how Leighton is doing. I've told my work they could schedule me up until the 15th (my due date is the 17th), as long as they had someone on call, just in case. I just imagined I'd be late.. I am related to the Dinkins! JK :) But yesterday at my appointment, the doctor told Jack and I to try to hold out until Thursday, then they would decide what day to induce me. Turns out, I'm already dilated to a 3 and 70% effaced. I still don't want to get my hopes up, I may end up going to my due date. But we are just so excited for Leighton to be here!! We feel so blessed and can't wait to become parents!

Our other good news: as many of you know, we have been saving up for a little while to go to Disney World in November with our Maxfield family. Jack and I are pretty obsessed with Disney, we had a Disney World Honeymoon and it was magical! Ha! We've planned everything, so we could fly out for Disney World, then spend Thanksgiving with our family in SC. (We have to eat at "Lana's Cafe" for Thanksgiving!) With the baby coming and me taking a month off of work, we didn't know if we'd be able to afford any vacation that soon. Jack has the fall semesters off, so it's really the only time we can leave Rexburg for more than a weekend. We've also been e-mailing the company Jack worked for last summer trying to squeeze out the rest of the money they owed him. This has been ongoing since January! Well, yesterday it seems like all of our prayers were answered! After the doctor's appointment we came home and much to our surprise, there was a check waiting in our mailbox for quite a bit more than we expected! We joke a lot, but in all honesty neither of us thought they would pay Jack for the remainder of his sales because he didn't sign a contract to work again this year. We have so much to be grateful for, especially at this point in our lives. I feel like a lot of the blessings we've received lately are directly connected with paying our tithing. Jack and I have both developed a strong testimony of the importance of paying tithing and it seems like every time we give our 10%, the Lord gives us 110% back. We're still going to save up our money for Disney and SC, but it feels like a huge weight has been lifted. We are so thankful for our blessings and so excited for November and to be able to spend time with all of our family! 2009 is turning out to be our favorite year yet!

3 comments:

Anita said...

It's great to hear how well you all are doing! One word of caution, though. Be very prayerful about letting your doctor induce you. Most people I know that were induced with their first baby ended up with a C-section. I know it's not always, but just be very, very careful - babies generally come when they're ready, and then you have fewer problems! I'm excited for you guys!

The Chambers said...

you are such a special girl and you are both doing all the right things. I can tell through your words. It's to good to hear how well thing are turning out for you guys and for the little princess to be here SOON! I can't wait to see pictures. The Lord truly blesses usm when we do what he simply asks us to do. Sometimes it's not so simple, but so worth it. Keep up the good work gang!

Valencia said...

I have to say I agree with Anita --things generally work out much more smoothly when nature takes it course, especially with a first baby. I am so happy about the other news and I am so proud of the two of you and all you're doing. This will be the best Thanksgiving yet! I love you and can hardly wait to see you. Have a wonderful week and just enjoy the time you and Jack have together -- you'll cherish these memories of just the two of you in the years to come. Love, Mom :)