Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Job & "Pretend Olive Garden!"

I've been so busy looking for jobs I haven't had time to update. So here's a few things going on with me:

1. I got a few job offers, but I accepted one at Big 5 Sports, a new store opening in Rexburg. They pay better than anyone around town and will work around my school schedule starting in January. But the best thing is that it's in Rexburg, so I won't have to commute in the snow!! Us Southerners don't really know much about that, huh..

2. I got a new email: erika.maxfield@gmail.com -- so update or add me, I love hearing from everyone and getting forwards. In other news: my mom got a blog, so check it out: valenciadinkins.blogspot.com . I am so excited that everyone is internet savvy, so when we're all busy I can still see how everyone's doing. (But honestly.. I call my mom every day.. so I still know everyone's secrets! Ha!)

3. My birthday is in a week in a half -- the BIG 2-1! And although Jack will be gone, my cousin Jenny will be here and I'm really excited for that!

4. This Sunday, Jack and I start our Temple Preparation class. It seems like time is flying and before we know it we will be able to get sealed. How exciting :] !

5. Jack and I found a great alfredo recipe -- it tastes exactly like Olive Garden, so we had seafood alfredo tonight and it was AMAZING! So.. I'm posting the recipe at the bottom, I swear by it -- delicious!

Well, I better hit the sack.. we have a lot going on this weekend! I'll try to update Sunday with some new pictures and how I like my job. I love everyone -- Have a great weekend!

Alfredo Sauce Recipe:


Ingredients:
1 pint heavy cream
1 stick butter
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese - (to 3/4)
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Cooking Directions:

In a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Simmer thisuntil all is melted, and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese and Garlicpowder. Simmer this for 15 to 20 minutes on low. You may wish to seasonwith a little salt and pepper. It has been made with half-and-half, butheavy cream is preferred.

4 comments:

campbell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
campbell said...

Erika,
You found my Blog! YEA! It is great ot stay in touch and see what others are doing. My lob is kind of lame right now but atleast I am trying. I keep others posted on what is going on in my life I guess. I am marking your as one of my favorites.

Jamie said...

true story... I made that exact alfredo recipe for my nephews, brother and his wife tonight... it's quite fantastic. I love the blog darlin!

ginger said...

i'm glad to see that everything's going pretty good in your world. hope you and jenny have fun while she's out there! and thanks for worrying about my teeth...everything went fine. grandmother said you were having a toothache too...hope you feel better soon...and you're birthday is next week...21 woohoo...